Tuesday 13 November 2012

Rocket Pesto


Freshly picked rocket

I just picked a huge bunch of rocket from my garden so I'm going to make up a batch of my rocket pesto.

Food processor

I put the roughly chopped rocket into my food processor. Now I love garlic so I add two crushed big cloves. It is worth mentioning here I don't have a partner so I'm fine but you might want to tone the garlic down! It's up to you. Then I add a small handful of lovely South Australian almonds, a good slug of a local cold pressed olive oil and some good salt.


Yum!


Turn on the processor and let it do it's thing! I often add a bit more olive oil depending on how it looks.

Now the taste test. Whilst I would love crusty fresh bead, I am trying to diet so I have become addicted to organic thin corn cakes!


Pass the wine!

In my crazy logic, the calories I have saved on not having bread can now be used on a good dollop of Adelaide Hills Udder Delights famous goat curd. Pass the wine please!

Bottled pesto

Transfer what you have made into a clean sterilized jar with a tight fitting lid. This will keep for about a week in the fridge. For a really quick meal cook some pasta, drain it and then stir a tablespoon of the pesto through the warm pasta. Put your favorite cheese on top and stand back for the compliments!


No comments:

Post a Comment