Wednesday 9 January 2013

Op shop vases and unusual flowers




It's amazing what you can do with a $3 op shop vase, a few stones and flowers that you don't usually associate with flower arrangements. My poor garden has literally fried in the heat wave. It was 45 degrees under the back verandah and behind a trellis of grapevines.
But I count myself so lucky as I think of the people who have lost everything in the fires. Everything is affected birds, animals, plants, it is just so terrible.
I lived in the Adelaide hills and experienced the Ash Wednesday fires firsthand and I never want to go through that again.
I have packed my photos, taken the negatives to a friend and tried to work out what else,besides important documents, I would take. It does make you realize that you have accumulated vast amounts of "stuff" and for me the most valuable are the things I associate with memories. Irreplaceable.
To get back to flower arrangements, I could do some nice dried arrangements from my garden at the moment! Very dried! However my artichokes have begun to go to seed and the colour is spectacular. So i thought why not use them as flowers. I think it looks quite effective.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment